Thursday, September 03, 2009

Mykonos...I have returned!!

The streets of Mykonos are just as interesting to walk as I remembered.

Mykonos2
The beautiful Mykonos with its White and Blue
Mykonos3
That's our ship!!!!

First Howard and I rented a little Fiat (30 Euro a day) and drove to the beach to spend some hours in the sun. Afterwards, we returned the car and walked the streets. The beauty of the City's white and blue is just so refreshing that I can walk for hours (not to mention all the shops).

Mykonos1
Ahhh....even the beach has a view

After several hours of exploring, we went to one of the pubs at the Little Venice and watched the magnificent sunset along with some refreshing Daquiri drinks.

Mykonos4
Cocktail by Little Venice watching the sunset
Mykonos5
This is what I came for...just as I remembered

We returned to the boat around 9pm and the ship was almost empty (well at least missing all the young folks). But people were still getting off the boat to go ashore to attend some of the nightlife parties on the Island. Well, I guess this Island is just a big party place, since the boat isn't leaving dock until 4am tomorrow.

Mykonos6
Shops are open until midnight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home