Wednesday, September 09, 2009

It's Shopping Day!!!

In the morning, we went to Pitti Palace and its Boboli Gardens. We were kind of museum'd out, so we went through the Palace rather quickly, although the interior was very amazing. Strolling through Bololi Gardens took some time, but we managed to see the important parts in about an hour.

For the afternoon, I just shopped for things made in Italy (and make sure it was not from China). I knew I had to get some kind of souvenirs for my family, lest I won't hear the end of it.

But since we were in the shopping area, we might as well climb the tower of the Duomo (or Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore) and get an aerial view over Florence. The line to get into the main church section was super long. However, there was absolutely no line to get into the tower portion. Still, the climb was loooooooooong....

Florence4
I am NOT going to get into that line!!
Florence5
The effort was certainly worth it...high above Florence

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home