Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Latest San Francisco Contribution - San Francisco Contemporary Jewish Museum

Back in my May 5, 2005 entry (my visit to Berlin), I mentioned about a museum project in SF I was involved with: The San Francisco Contemporary Jewish Museum. It has officially opened its doors on June 7, 2008.

CJM - Side Entrance
CJM Side Entrance (courtesy of Silverman & Light, Inc.)

This project started as far back as 1999. It took almost 10 years for it to materialize. The project has went through numerous financial obstacles. But in 2004, everything fell in place. My boss at S&L gave me the opportunity to work on this landmark project.

CJM - Front Entrance
CJM Front Entrance (courtesy of Silverman & Light, Inc.)

Tonight, the museum gave the consultants and contractors a special appreciation event. This is my first time to see the museum since I went through a punchlist walkthru. At the walkthru, there were no exhibition and artwork. However, with everything in place, it is nothing less than spectacular. You can see more photos here. CJM has a totally different feel than the one I visited in Berlin. There is a much more positive look here, but the sense of disorientation is still there: there are hardly any vertical walls. To read more about this architecture by Daniel Libeskind, read here.

CJM - Pardez
CJM Lobby - The Pardez (courtesy of Silverman & Light, Inc.)

I am very proud to be part of this project!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home