Tuesday, February 19, 2008

HD-DVD RIP!! Long Live Blu-ray!!!

I am actively keeping watch of the Hi-def format war between Blu-ray and HD-DVD. Back in January, Warner's move to back Blu-ray exclusively spelled the eventual death of the opposing format. I have bought a PS3 last year even before I bought my new Sony 52" XBR4 LCD TV!! I have started buying Blu-ray software ever since.

Today, the news came that HD-DVD has called it quits!!! You can read it here.

I have followed the format war at High-Def Digest....and boy, is it heated. I'm glad I was on the winning team. Now I can confidently start buying up Blu-ray releases. I am not going to upgrade my present DVD collection, except for a few big titles. However, I am glad that my quest to collect Anime (アニメ) and Tokusatsu (特撮) shows from the '70s is practically complete....and a high-definition transfer for these shows will not make much difference since Japanese don't take care of their films and will definitely not going to spend the $$$ to digitally clean the film up. Like they say: "garbage in, garbage out!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home