Sunday, November 21, 2004

Just a day of relaxation....enjoy the sun!!!

Today was the day to relax. I did not leave Fukuoka/Hagata (福岡/
博多) until 3pm. However, the bummer part is that just as I was about to leave, I realized that Hagata does have lot of things to see, according to the tourist information booth…thus, plan is to return through Hagata on my way back toward Tokyo Monday evening…mainly for Hakata’s infamous Ramen Yatai (basically a strip full of sidewalk ramen shops).

Today’s destination is the south most tip of Kyushu, Kagoshima (鹿児島). Upon arriving at Kagoshima, the first impression is…China. The train station has that feel to it…analog white circular clocks, under-lit lighting levels with fluorescent blue tubes, and post WWII train station design complete with those little red trains that get stepped on by Godzilla (ゴジラ).


S534KagoStation
Train Station at Kagoshima

Walking though this city, I came across the typical American chain stores: McDonald’s, Tulley’s Coffee & Starbucks, Tower Records, to name a few.

S546Kagoshima
Downtown Night at Kagoshima

Tonight, I had one of the best Ramen yet. It rivaled the Ramen in Shinjuku. I literally cleaned it all up!! Yum!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home