Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Personal Stuff Today

Well...woke up at the usual 7:30am to have morning tea with Dad and Mum. Afterwards, I went with my Dad to pay my respects to my Grandfather, whose ashes are stored in a little 4"x4" space in a Temple. The temple are full of people who can get a spot just by donating some money for maintenance and building new temple structures. However, this time they have built some really beautiful stuff, like this monument with the entire Tao Te Ching engraved onto it...

S54HK1116Temple2
Monument with Tao Te Ching @ Fung Lum Shin Temple

After I did my rounds, I went to visit some friends in Kwun Tong, and had lunch with them. Of course, I also shopped there, since there is a huge mall there at Kowloon Wan. How convenient...=P

By 4pm, I ended up in the Hong Kong side on Queen's Road Central where all the business folks are...with tall buildings and upscale designer shops. All you see are people rushing from one place to another. However, parallel to this busy street are some very old non-modern streets. All the roads are very steep as this is really the foot of the Victoria Peak.

S61HK1116QunCntrl
An Alley near Queen's Road Central

I doddled around the area...walking through alley ways and cramped buildings for several hours. By 7:30pm, I ended up in Tsim Sha Tsui on the Kowloon side again, to meet up with my parents. We went into a Chinese restaurant called YunYan (雲陽閣川菜館) located on the 4th Level of Miramar Hotel. I love the restaurant 'Spices' in SF, but the spicy-ness is no comparison with this place.

S67HK1116YunYan
Some Really Spicy Food @ Yun Yan Restaurant, Kowloon
Shop A, 4/F, Miramar Tower, 132-134 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui

If you look at the red dish...you see chicken in the midst of a bed of red pepper. It is sooooo hot, that I could not even eat it. My tongue was so numb. If you ask my friends, they will tell you that I can eat hot food...but this place was beyond my imagination. The other two dish, although is spicy, but is no where as horrifying. This place has some really spectacular food....a 4-star restaurant non-the-least...with many patrons being businessmen from all over the world (I saw Indians, Japanese, Koreans, Americans, Australians, to name a few...).

Afterwards, I went home...and began packing for my next destination....JAPAN. My flight is at 9:25am, so I had to leave home at about 6am. So, I had better sign off now....gotta get some zzzzzzzz's!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home