Monday, November 10, 2008

Bored...

Like my last day in Prague back in 2005, I was bored to death on this last full day in Phuket. So, I went shopping and go see the new James Bond flick, Quantum of Solace. Pretty cool movie. What is even more cool are the theatre seats, they are so comfortable...at an incredible price of US$5 (this is what US theatre should charge!!!). You can even get sofa loveseats for US$10!!!

One very, very interesting note in watching a movie in Thailand is that before the movie starts (after the trailers and before the main feature), the theatre shows a short film featuring the present King of Thailand. Everyone was to pay respect and stand for the duration of the short. Thai really love their King and the Royal Family.

In the evening, I went to a Thai Massage parlor. In front of the parlor, the billboard said 350 Baht (US$10) for a one-hour massage. However, there was a little small sign inside that said I was to tip a minimum 500 Baht (US15) for the massuer!!! Though this was still super cheap by US standards, I was a bit shocked and felt I have been had. So...Thailand did not end on a high note.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home