Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Yuck...beyond yuck!!!

Took a river boat tour today around the various rivers and canals in Bangkok. Seven to eight years ago, when I was here with tour group, the guide avoided doing this tour because the river just stink with all the human garbage and "waste" that flows....

_BKKBoat
On the Boat...the river is brown....

BKK_Boat4
Some interesting floating on the Bangkok River...

_BKKRiverDTV
I don't care how poor I am....I need my Satellite TV for the latest Thai soap!!!

What I saw was pretty much something quite disgusting....on my right, I see a concrete sewage pipe dumping some yellow-brown liquid into the river. On my left, I see a woman bathing....she even submerged her head underwater. What more can I say?

_BKKSewage
...to my right hand side...

_BKKSewage2
...to my left hand side...

The river boat also took people to some zoo/snake farm. Off course, the animals are in terrible living conditions which I did not really want to see. The zoo provided a snake show, which was quite heart pounding. I wonder if these folks ever made any mistakes...

_BKKCobra

BKK_Boat2
Snake Farm Demos...a bit too close for me

In the afternoon, I visited the Jim Thompson House. A historical figure who brought Thai silk to the mainstream, Jim has an eye for art through his background in architecture. This Jim Tompson House has some very interesting decor (they don't allow pics inside his home, so you'd have to go visit his website). His shop has some very nice products, but they are considered quite expensive in the midst of how cheap Thailand is suppose to be for everything...

BKK_JT1
Jim Thompson House Exterior

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home