Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Strolling through the Countryside...

Today, I took a train to Fan Leng (粉嶺). This district in the northern part of Kowloon. The first place I went to is where my grandfather's remains are located, Fung Ying Seen Koon (蓬瀛仙館), a Taoist Temple. I believe I have posted pictures of this place 4 years ago. One thing different about this visit is that I have noticed there is now a gift shop!!! Hail Capitalism!!!

HK_FLSG
At the steps leading to the main temple at Fung Ying Seen Koon

Afterwards, I went to the other side of the train station to take a 14-seater bus to Lung Yuek Tau (龍躍頭) Heritage Trail. This trail consists of many villages that were started way back in the late 1700's by the Tengs. The stroll is quite far, with some very old gates and houses. Nothing really special here, except I got attacked by some fleas from local dogs. To see all the unique villages (some of which I gave up searching for because I was feeling a bit miserable), click here.

HK_FL
Dogs resting at an entrance to one of Lung Yuek Tau's century-old villages

At night, I dined at one of my favorite Chinese Restaurant in Hong Kong, Yunyan Szechuan Restaurant at 4/F, Miramar Shopping Centre, 132-134 Nathan Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui (in case you wanna go...they have no website). It isn't cheap...but not overly expensive.

HK_Szechuan
Eatin' good at Yunyan Szechuan Restaurant

HK_Shrimp
I love this Shrimp with Garlic and Chili dish...the shrimp is so fresh and plump!!!

After dinner, it was shopping time once more...but at the Ladies Market in Mongkok!! Loads of super cheap merchandise and fake designer clothes and watches. Bought nothing here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home