Friday, July 04, 2008

July 4th in Hagerstown

FINALLY!!! My first 2008 Extended Vacation!!!!

Howard and I arrived in Dulles Airport in DC this morning...went to Thrifty rent-a-car...drove 2 hours and arrived in a small community near Waynesboro, PA called Greencastle, to visit Howard's folks. Withn minutes of our arrival, we all headed to "town" (Hagerstown, MD) for their annual July 4th parade extravaganza.

July 4th in Hagerstown 1
These men with their hats...they look like those archeologiests who gets killed by the Mummy

Wow!!! I have only seen this in the movies...small town parades. There were dairy queens and fair queens, town police and firemen, etc. The parade was short, but the folks in Hagerstown were very enthusiastic and was very interesting to see.

One thing I have noticed is that I hardly saw any other ethnic people. I don't think I saw another Asian and definitely did not see any African American. Very white indeed... yet they did not look at me funny.

July 4th in Hagerstown 2
It is not a parade unless there are cheerleaders...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home