Sunday, June 22, 2008

Home Updates...

Ever since my interior renovations were completed, I started to work on the backyard with help of my greenthumb buddy, Howard, who is an expert in landscaping. It used to be a dog poo dump yard and weed forest for years and years....it was so bad that I got a $250 citation from the City of San Francisco.

BYCookie
Cookie's Backyard Heaven: "I eat these plants if my Daddy don't feed me enough!!"

I have been visiting local plant shops (Sloat Garden Center, Home Depot, and plant sales at Golden Gate Park's Botanical Garden) and have just bought whatever plants that look nice. During the first shopping spree, I bought a lot of Dahlias (which started to bloom now). But at subsequent trips, I started buying other perennials. However, the backyard looks like a science experiment with no landscape planning at all. It is a bit chaotic, but Howard said that by Fall, I can reaarrange everything...now is just an experimental stage to see what plants can live in my backyard.

BYBench
Schu's Garden - Dog Dump Park No More
BYDahlia1

BYDahlia2
Different Dahlias (along with Daisies) blooming in early summer...

While I am at it...here are some updated photos of my downstairs entertainment area.... it is now complete, thanks to that magnificent new Sony 52"LCD TV and the cool Salamander AV Furniture! I love the 1080p picture from my Blu-ray collection, as well as the high-def programming on Direct TV, especially the Tennis Channel!!!

Family Room TV Area
Look at that lovely 52" Sony Bravia LCD and that lively fern!
Family Room AV Library
A nice floor lamp addition for some relaxing nightime reading...

1 Comments:

Blogger Frances Chiu said...

Very nice indeed...

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home