Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Arriving in Beijing

After a hot 3-hour flight from Hong Kong to Beijing on Dragonair (hot because the airplane operators must be saving energy or something), and walking a mile or two from the subway station, I have finally arrived in Holiday Inn Downtown Beijing.

HK_BeijingAP
Beijing Capital International Airport - The New Terminal 3

The experience of travelling to this hotel was definitely something different. Nobody follows the "walk/don't walk" signages...people and their bicycles just cross while dodging cars and busses. Very dangerous...yet exciting!! Obviously things are all back to normal since the Beijing Olympics.

The weather here is kinda cold. I am a bit worried since I did not really pack for cold weather, but only for something similar to San Francisco. Tomorrow I will be going to the Great Wall...so hopefully layering myself will be sufficient.

Thus far, the trip has not have any spectacular photos...but starting tomorrow, things shall hopefully change, as I will be travelling to the Great Wall. I will then fulfill my duty as a Chinese man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home