Saturday, November 01, 2008

No Blue Sky....until the wind blew the smog away...

I was a bit bummed to see the sky being hazy and grey-brown. Today's trip was to the beautiful Summer Garden. Upon arrival and walking to the lake area, I realized that this place is HUGE!!! The beauty was magnificent, even more than the Forbidden City.

BJG_SP1
Summer Garden Palace View from the Lake

BJG_SP3
The Lake from the Summer Garden Palace....the lake is bigger than you think!

BJG_SP2
Area where visitors cannot visit

As I walked through the various quarters of this park, I tried to envision what the days of old when queens and princesses strolled and enjoyed the scenery. Seeing all this historic site helped me to actually visualize better the locations of various martial arts novels I have read that takes place in the Qing Dynasty.


BJG_SP4
On top of the Summer Garden Palace

BJG_SP5
On the Steps toward the top of the Summer Garden Palace

Within the park, there is also a museum that showcased some of the oldest artifacts I have ever seen dating back to 11th century BC!!! The crafts at the time was just as delicate and beautiful.
After the Summer Garden, the next stop was the Beijing Olympic Stadium...the Bird Nest and the Water Cube. Hundreads and thousands of people flooded this world famous stadium. Indeed the exterior and interior was grand and the design was breathtaking. Now I wished I had actually been there for the actual event.

BJG_OLMP1
Bird Nest Exterior...so massive!!!

BJG_OLMP2
Bird Nest Interior...everybody wants a piece of history here!

BJG_OLMP3
The Water Cube

I only went into the Bird Nest but not the Water Cube....no time. That is...I must visit the world's biggest adidas store in Chaoyang District!!! It turns out to be one of the newest shopping mall in Beijing. However, just across a small alley way, there exists another shopping mall....selling the same thing...except they are all knock-offs. So odd....

BJG_Adidas
The World's Biggest Adidas Superstore!

BJG_Night
The Night of Beijing...no motorcycles. Just cars and bicycles.

Tonight is the last night at Beijing, so I went to eat at a great dumpling restuarant: Dong Fang Dumpling King (东方饺子王). I think it is probably the best dumpling I have ever had. If you ever have the chance to visit this place....definitely give it a try!!!

BJG_Food
Dong Fang Dumpling King. A great place to eat!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home