Thursday, November 06, 2008

Tuk Tuk around the polluted Bangkok streets...

With nothing better to do today because streets are closed until 2pm for more cremation rehearsal of the late Princess Vadhana, I hired a Tuk Tuk to get a city street tour around Bangkok (and go to Wat Pho for a view of the Reclining Buddha).

I was not all that thrilled about this Tuk Tuk ride...I was literally inhaling carbon monoxide from all the cars everywhere. I felt kinda sick after a few minutes...

_BKKTukTuk
From within a Tuk Tuk

_BKKMahaprutaram

_BKKMahaprutaram2
Wat Mahaprutaram

_BKKWatPho
The Reclining Buddha in Wat Pho...she is HUGE!!!!

At one of the stops at one of the older temples in Bangkok, a local talked to me about how happy he was that Obama won along with the history of the local temples. Little that he knew that I was not paying attention to him at all (as a matter of fact, I was waiting for him to shutup), because I was being attacked by mosquitos. I am allergic to mosquitos... 'nuff said.

However, a local friend did take me to eat (finally) at a really nice Thai Restaurant called Taling Pling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home