Friday, November 26, 2004

Out of Japan and Into Hong Kong

I was walking on thin ice today. I had only about $27 in my pocket. $19 of which went to the train I needed to take to the airport. So essentially, I had only $8 left. I was hungry, so I ate a little breakfast. At first I was planning to eat a pastry that would have cost me $3.60, but I opted for the $1.60 one. I just did not want to cut it close. What is left in my pocket was $6.40, which should be okay since there is access to Citibank ATM at the airport.

The night before, my friend Rodney left me a luggage to help him carry back to Hong Kong, since he was on his way to Beijing and did not want to lug excess baggage all over the country. I’ve asked him to leave his luggage at the train station where my train takes off to the airport, so I don’t have to lug two pieces of luggage across town. He gave me the key to the locker last night. But apparently, there is a time limit on the locker. Once it passes midnight, one has to pay again. And the cost was $5!!!

For my friend’s sake, he was fortunate that I did not choose the $3.60 pastry. So the $1.60 hot dog pastry saved his luggage from being abandoned at the train station!!!

As I was leaving, I got a little tearful...like I was leaving a friend. And this shall conclude my Japan Tour 2004. 日本 さようなら!! 本当にありがとう!!! 愛してるよ!!!

The rest of the journey to the airport and Hong Kong was fine. So I am back to do my last minute shopping as well as visit friends whom I did not see before heading off to Japan.

1 Comments:

Blogger True San Franciscian said...

Thank you and thank that hot dog pastry for not leaving my poor black roller abandoned at Chek Lap Kok! =P

Next pastry is on me...

I got the bag at Noble just fine. Getting back here was an adventure, it's on the blog: http://www.walking-ixus.net/movabletype

Yeah, leaving Japan is like leaving a good friend. It's hard to leave. Beijing was easier to leave. HK is somewhere in the middle, but I'll know about that tomorrow when I bug out...

1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home