Wednesday, November 24, 2004

I'm in Heaven! I'm in Bandai Heaven!

Before entering into Tokyo...I passed by Mount Fuji (富士山). It is a rare occasion that one gets to see this famous valcano so clearly...

S852FujiYama
The magnificent Fujisan

Today is probably the most exciting day of this entire trip!! It all happens back in Tokyo. As soon as baggages were dropped in the hotel, I went to THE Bandai Museum (バンダイミュージアム). The moment I stepped in, I turned into the little kid that I once was. I just stared in wonder at all the displays...Ultraman, Kamen Rider, Goranger, Gundam, and even Mazinger Z....all my favorites... the 70's super-heroes I grew up with....many with life size displays. I lost all track of space and time. My camera just kept taking pictures without control. I ran from one display to the next, then back again.

S868BandaiMuseum
Front Door of Bandai Museum

SBandaiMuseum
Kamen Rider, Goranger, Gundam, Mazinger Z (clockwise from top left)

S1042GndmCafe
Who is that guy sitting in the Gundam Cafe???

The display of vintage toys was one of the best part. I recall having many of these toys...some my parents bought for me for being a good boy, some because I blackmailed them (long story). They bring back so much memories. I was so stupid that I gave away all of these toys...otherwise I could have made a fortune.

S943BandaiToys
Toys!!! Toys!!! Toys!!!

Another place I visited was a shopping mall full of used CD, DVD, and toys. My stupidity was confirmed as I find that the toys I used to own are worth several hundred dollars, some even thousands. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Later in the evening, I visited Shibuya (渋谷)...a place where many young people hang out (as well as horny old businessmen). The lights are superb. In many ways, it is even more spectacular than Shinjuku. Even at 10:30pm, there are thousands of people walking the streets. It resembles Hong Kong so much, except that the shopping places are closed.

S1096Shibuya
Neon Lights at Shibuya Station

I had better get some rest. Tomorrow is shopping day, as I head out to "hunt"!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home