Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Dump Prague!!! Hello Vienna!!!

Prague just had to screw me one more time before I leave. My train ticket listed the wrong train station to board for Vienna...so I was forced to take a taxi for $20!!!!

I arrived safe and well this afternoon in Vienna. The hostel here is by far the best (Wombats). It's clean...super clean. It is also a party house...I feel I am in college dorms again!!!

With the short amount of time, I visited the Stephansdom - a gothic cathedral with catacombs that house dead priests...as well as dead people died from the plague over 300 years ago.

1ViennaStephansdom
The Gothic Stephansdom

But the highlight is really the evening. I was fortunate enough to obtain tickets to see an opera at Staatsoper. My dream to see an opera (or a classical concert) in Vienna has come true!!!

ViennaHall
Interior of Staatsoper Opera House...tonight...Wagner's "Flying Dutchman"

5 Comments:

Blogger 心影 said...

Wah, seeing opera in Vienna! Really looking forward to seeing your photos :) Take care!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Sheta said...

I guess he won't take photo in the opera house.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Schu said...

As a matter of fact, I did that photos inside...from my box seat!! Will post one when I am back in USA!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Viv said...

WOW. opera in Vienna...

...is it really very musical? do you see people busking on streets??

p.s. how's the coffee in Vienna ^_^

7:11 PM  
Blogger Schu said...

There were some busking on the streets, they were okay, not spectacular. However, there were lots of Mozart dress-look-alikes trying to sell concert tickets (but nothing like the this concert hall).

The coffee in Vienna is actually quite good...which stands for STRONG!! I like it!

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home