Friday, May 06, 2005

Last Day in Berlin...

Today, I went to the Neue National-Galerie, where I saw original artwork by artists such as Francis Bacon and Pablo Picasso. They sure have a nice collection of work. Why in the world do we, in San Francisco, get such crappy stuff????

After the Gallery tour, I went on a 4 hour walking tour, tracing through the steps of the rise and fall of the Third Reich. The tour was superbly done, and made alive everything I have learned in World History at Cal Poly (I must have been sleeping in class).

BerlinGate
Brandenburg Gate at Night

However, I happen to be here at the right time. In two more days, Berlin will commemorate the 60th anniversary to the end of WWII. The day after, Berlin will have a grand opening of the new Holocaust memorial right next to the Brandenburg Gate. This will mark as a point in time where Germany wants to look to the future, not the past. There will be a big concert event...but there will also be demonstrations, including the Neo-Nazi's....so watch the news!

BerlinSonyBuilding
An Evening at Berlin's Very Own Sony Building

Now I am packing.....tomorrow I shall head to Prague. Auf Wiedersehen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home