Saturday, May 21, 2005

On my last night...Dutch Rock Music

It is my last day here in Amsterdam, and also marks the end of my Spring 2005 excursion (not sure if I will have a summer excursion...but very unlikely since I have used up all my vacation). I have done my shopping in the afternoon...and strangely enough I ended up buying American products from Kenneth Cole, because they are bellying up in Amsterdam.
1AmsterdamStreet
Shopping along Amsterdam Main Street
AmsterdamConst
The massive subway/canal construction at Centrum - Date of Completion: Year 2012

In the evening, I attended a local Dutch band concert at a local pub. Music was so-so...but coming from an amateur band myself, I totally understand that they probably have no time to practice together.

However, there was one band that was really awful....off-key singing with off-rhythm instrumentation....people around me had this grimace displeasure on their face....that really says it all. Thank goodness for the main band taking over after two songs. If this was the 'Gong Show', they would not have survived pass the first four measures...
AmsterdamConcert
Dutch Rock Concert...this was the better band.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheta said...

Pray for your returning journey.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home