Thursday, May 12, 2005

Last day in Vienna...

Early in the morning, I went to Schonbrunn. It is a baroque palace with adjoinging gardens. It was so refreshing to walk this huge place with minimal tourists. The scenic view is just simply glorious. I was so moved by the grandure of the entire space.

ViennaGarden
The Magnificent Garden at Schonbrunn

Then, I hurried off back to Museumsquartier and walk through Kunsthalle. I happened to drop into a press conference of an up-and-coming exhibit ("Living and Working in Vienna II"), that will open on the 14th of May. But I was fortunate enough to get the first glimpse of the exhibit before the general audience (I pretended I was one of the press). I even got a press kit with a CD-Rom of images from the exhibition.

ViennaKunst
Kunsthalle New Exhibition: To Live and Work in Vienna II

Afterwards, walked across the street and went through my last museum visit in Vienna: Kunsthistorisches Museum...it is like Vienna's version of the Louvre of Paris. The collection consists of artwarks from Ancient Egypt, Middle Ages, the Renaissance and the Barouque until around 1800.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sheta said...

How come you can get into a press conference and get a press kit? You bravo!!

8:26 AM  
Blogger 心影 said...

I didn't know that schu is an arts reporter =)

11:11 AM  
Blogger Schu said...

Just don't smile or look at anyone who may be part of the museum's crew. Every so often...just nod as if you understood what they are saying.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home