Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Museum day.....so much to see, so little time...

I went to Hofburg and then three great museums (Albertina, Leopold and MUMOK of Museumsquartier) today. Hofburg is like an imperial palace...totally stunning. But art was where my heart was. Naturally, I walked just enough time until 10am, which is when the museums open. The exhibitions were totally phenomenal...of course, the highlight was seeing more Egon Schiele.

ViennaAlbertina
Albertina Museum

However, Leopold Museum stole the show. The collection of artwork is mostly 19th century and modernist Austrian artworks. The next stop was MUMOK...though the architecture was impressive, the collection was only OK. The most striking work was Viennese Actionism...very disturbing stuff.

ViennaMOMA
MUMOK at Vienna Museumsquartier

There is one more museum to go to: Kunsthalle, which is also part of Museumsquartier.

The rest of the time, I went to hunt for soap and towel...which I found was not available in the hostel here. I had a lot of fun last night, partying with these 'kids' until 1am, albeit I am not the oldest (thank goodness). However, I was stunned to find the alcohol content in the beer is kind of light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home